Here’s what’s left from here on out:
- You must submit up to three poems to the Princeton Poetry Contest. Your entry is due to me by Monday, Mar 28.
- You must submit your work to three literary magazines (or come up with some other way to “publish”/publicize your own work).
- Screen YWLA Contest entries (starting Apr 4).
- Your publication project — i.e., you publish someone else’s work — is due as your jury by May 13.
- Submit your best work of creative nonfiction to the Norman Mailer contest by Apr 28. (Follow the link for the on-line submission tool.) To that end, you will be required to submit a draft (revised version of something you’ve already written or something completely new) for conference.
Here are the Mailer conference draft due dates:
Apr 8: Julia, Hannah, Jasmine, Lily. (Note: this date can float a little bit. Emphasis on the part about little.)
Apr 15: Rolfe, Devin, Sarah, Antoinette. (Note: this date is made of the heaviest substance on earth. It doesn’t float. Not even a little bit.)
And because we can never have too many conferences, I’ll meet with each of you individually in next week to game plan all of that.
Here’s a semi-tentative schedule for those preliminary conferences:
Mar 28: Julia & Hannah
Mar 29: Jasmine & Lily
Mar 30: Rolfe & Devin
Mar 31: Sarah & Antoinette (during 8th)