(M)…Read and discuss Italo Calvino‘s “Making Do” from Numbers in the Dark. Receive this week’s story packet, which includes:
- J.D. Salinger‘s “A Perfect Day for Bananafish” from Nine Stories.
- Charles Baxter‘s “The Disappeared” from A Relative Stranger.
Conferences this week with Antoinette, Amanda, Brennan,
Impromptu Prompt: Write a fable, maybe. 300 words or less.
One-pager. Conferences. Beitelmanlessness.
One-pager. Quiz-thing! Also make hay on all that stuff to turn in on Friday. Conference² with Antoinette.
Impromptu Prompt: Brennan says you should write a story about pickles. Or even Pickles.
Discuss this week’s story packet. Be prepared for a quiz-like thing. Quiz-thing! Dutiful attention to Conference/Critique/Folder submissions. Also actual conferences with Amanda and Brennan.
(F)…Turn stuff in:
- Conference Drafts: Amber, Olivia.
- Critique Drafts: Lin, Sarah.
- Folder Submissions: Everybody else. You should have 8-10 pages of “prose” in your folder at this point.
- Quiz-thing! Everybody.