Friday Notices: [08.19.11]

This week we’re going to see what we were noticing when we didn’t know we were noticing. So. What that means is this. In the comments section, let’s document three things each of us has noticed today. But! these are not things you are noticing right now or things you notice in the very (very) near (near) future. There’s some parameters here, namely the parameters of short-term memory.

To wit:

• Limit yourself to things you noticed from the time you opened your eyes to the world this morning to the moment just before you stepped foot into this room.

Also! a note about things:

• These are tangible, sensory things. Not abstractions. Not emotions. Stuff you can taste and/or smell and/or hear and/or see and/or hold in your hand.

15 thoughts on “Friday Notices: [08.19.11]

1. Ryan August 19, 2011 / 6:52 pm

Someone didn’t take their car dealership’s license plate frame off their car.

It’s colder in Mrs. Abernathy’s room than Mrs. Walden’s room.

The doors in ASFA are heavy and hard to hold.

My car makes a strange whirring noise when I turn the key in the ignition.

2. Amanda August 19, 2011 / 6:55 pm

1| An offer of something nicer and in better condition.

2| the sign towards Jaybird Street.

3| The very softest hands.

3. Jessica August 19, 2011 / 6:55 pm

1. That the top side of my toast was golden, but the bottom was almost burned. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN.
    2. They painted the underside of the highway white.
    3. That the air conditioner in the academic rooms runs several times per period, and it’s really not that cold in (most of) the rooms.

4. tjbeitelman August 19, 2011 / 6:55 pm

…a folded slice of semi-soft Havarti…
    …the turned-in white-wall left-front tire on Stuart’s new truck…
    …Tina Turner’s teeth, as depicted on the front cover of the Who Shot Rock and Roll? pamphlet on the passenger seat of my car…

5. Jasmine J August 19, 2011 / 6:56 pm

I noticed 2 empty lifesavers packets in my left pocket, the cupcakes that were in the wing, and in the IRC they taped pictures of birds on the windows

6. Jay Bach August 19, 2011 / 6:57 pm

I noticed this morning that there was sun-dried tomato on my pizza (I hate sun-dried tomatoes).
    The back of Dr. Abram’s hair is curlier than the front.
    The floor of 265 in the music hallway is surprisingly comfortable.

7. Dakotah August 19, 2011 / 7:00 pm

Burnt Toast
    My brother wears Christmas pajamas year round.
    The math science hall smells distinctively different everyday.
    The ASFA building seemed to be much colder last week.

8. Jasmine W. August 19, 2011 / 7:02 pm

I noticed that hardly notice the smell of paint in any of the CW rooms anymore.

9. Laura August 19, 2011 / 7:02 pm

1. There is a tree outside my window that is so tall I can’t see the top. It’s leaves look yellow in the early morning, but become greener as the day goes on.
    2. The white paint forced onto the page dried in shapes like wings, but felt rough like the bark of a tree.
    3. My cat’s ears turn red when she wakes up. They feel hot and thin in between my fingers. I can almost see through them in the light.

10. sophia August 19, 2011 / 7:04 pm

1| the drawings on my wrists are fading–even sharpie doesn’t last forever.

2| some writing looked blurry to me on a piece of paper, although the writing was fine.

3| the word nine is the color brown.

11. Adriane August 19, 2011 / 7:06 pm

1. Stairwells are eerie when your footsteps are the only sound you hear.
    2. The peachy hue of the sky minutes after the sun rose
    3. If you focus on a certain noise, it sounds much louder than it actually is

12. Carmen August 19, 2011 / 7:14 pm

My second-to-big toe (index toe? XD) on my left foot is crooked; the right one isn’t.

German opera sounds really really cool…it reminds me of meatballs? and “Hoppla!” doesn’t really have an English translation……does it?

13. Lauren August 19, 2011 / 7:17 pm

In Spanish class I noticed that this kid named Jonah has a rather large head. Well maybe thats cause I wasn’t wearing my glasses.
    And when I’m not wearing my glasses, if I stare intently at the board, I can sort of see the words for like two seconds. And then they re blur.
    I also noticed that the only room in the school that isn’t really cold to me is the lunch room.

14. Antoinette August 19, 2011 / 7:26 pm

The way my eyes felt my morning, itchy from make up, puffy and tender and heavier that usual.

The bristly state of my hair, how it felt very fuzzy when not brushed.

The almost silky feel of my pajama pants while sitting in a cold plastic seat in Mrs. Gray’s room.

15. Liam August 19, 2011 / 7:31 pm

The strange laughter from Mister Beitelman’s computer.

The coffee I had this morning tasted like burnt toast.

My throat felt like it had been raked when I woke up.